Week 3 – Nov. 11, 2012 Guest Author | Sarah Bowman
Welcome! Sarah, I’m so happy that you are joining this event “The Seven Weeks to Christmas Author Interviews & Giveaways.” Thank you so much for taking the time to come talk to us about your book.
I also wanted to thank you for your generous offer to give away a few copies of your books to comenters of this blog. What a wonderful Christmas gift to our winners! With that said, let’s get on with the interview.
1. When did you publish your first book? I published my first book two years ago with a traditional publisher. The Lord had laid it on my heart to write a book, I was struggling with some personal issues, at the time, and really felt I had no one to talk to. So I spoke to God, after the book was finished I actually felt a healing from bitterness that was being held inside of me. My first book will always remain my favorite. It was a great accomplishment. It can be found through all online retailers. Or can be purchased directly from me, Writing is magical.
-Writing does have a way of healing, Sarah.
2. You write and illustrate. Could you please tell us a little bit, about what type of art you do?
Yes, I began illustrating my own children’s books, and realized quickly that I loved it. I do all kinds of art, but focus on very bright colors and fun characters, I do things a little different, my illustrations are very unique.
What makes my illustration’s unique is― I use so many bright colors and also mix reality with fantasy. I use many tools and props, where the characters jump out at you.
I have done many illustrations for Publishing Companies and Authors, I also illustrate my own children’s books that are also available on Amazon.
Liddys Lovely Lime Lollipop
Liddy Goes To The Country
Liddy Learns Up Down and All Around
Liddy Meets The Doctor.
My plan is to write a twelve book series. I am currently working on Liddy And The Big Bad Tooth.
-That sounds like a great idea for a story!
I have done illustrations for:
Author Reba Hicks
Mossy The Green Turtle
The Christmas Mystery
A Trip To Uncle Jrs’
Author Francine Larson
Louella Who Only Liked Yellow
Bringing Home Jerome
Author Maggie Grinnell
Isabella And Penelope
I am currently working on a series for Author Cheryl Pillsbury
Dash The Red Fox Detective.
Those are a few I have done work for. If you would like to see samples of my work please visit
I offer very flexible payment plans. All covers start at 50.00 and 15.00 per illustration until the month of January!
-You are a prolific writer. I have a long way catching up with you.
3. How did illustrating come about for you? After my first children’s book became live, I started showing pictures of the work inside, and people really liked it. Then they began to ask me if I did other’s illustrations, so I gave it a try, and now have done so many illustrations and covers for publishing companies and also independent Authors.
– I’ve seen some of your illustrations, you do great work!
4. Could you tell us about your latest book? Where can viewers purchase it? My latest book is a children’s story. (Liddy Meets The Doctor.) It is about a trip to the doctor’s office, It can be purchased through Amazon.
-Congrats! On your latest children’s story. I wish you all the best with it!
5. Where online can people find you? I advertise mostly on my Facebook pages http://www.facebook.com/SarahBowmanauthor and also http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Free-Bowmans-Illustrations/329985960420188?ref=hl
-That was a great interview, Sarah. Thank you for being Guest Author on my blog.
Comments are now open!