Recipe: Cream Cheese Frosting Light
Summary: If you want to make your favorite Carrot Cake and frost it with Cream Cheese Frosting, here is an alternative “light” recipe using Neufchatel cheese in place of cream cheese. The basic recipe calls for confectioners’ sugar, regular butter, whole milk, vanilla and regular cream cheese:
- 1 box confectioners’ sugar
- 8 oz neufchatel cheese
- 4 tbsp light margarine or Vegetable oil spread, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp fat-free milk, more or less
- Cream non-hydrogenated margarine or vegetable oil spread in large mixer bowl with neufchatel cheese.
- Add confectioners’ sugar alternately with milk, beat until smooth texture.
- An additional tbsp of milk may be needed, adding only 1 tbsp of milk at a time depending on desired consistency. Additionally, 1 less tbsp of milk may be used for a thicker frosting.
- Blend in Vanilla.
- Spread on your favorite cake recipe!
Makes approximately 2 cups
Savings in fat, in the cheese alone…
1 serving Neufchatel Cheese 6 grams of fat 1 serving Cream Cheese 10 grams of fat
Author, Food Writer, Recipe Developer, Foodie & Queen of Recipe Adaptation
* Submit a recipe for possible publication on my blog.
recipesubmission [at] therecipeweekly.com /in the Subject area write: Recipe Submission
© 2012 The Recipe Weekly – Virginia Wright. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
– See more at: http://virginiawright.com/blog/#sthash.sicipn5f.dpuf