Dark Red Velvet Cake – Chocolate Cake Recipe
Recipe: Dark Red Velvet Cake
Summary: This Red Velvet Cake Recipe lends itself well to using at Valentine’s Day. Simply buy your cupcake papers, (I bought cupcake papers with red hearts on them), and fill 3/4 of the way. Frost with your favorite cream cheese icing recipe!
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 2- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. baking cocoa
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sweet milk, (regular milk)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Combine cocoa, flour, sugar, salt, food coloring and vanilla with butter.
- Beat in buttermilk; add eggs beaten with the sweet milk. Mix ingredients well with an electric mixer.
- Add vinegar and baking soda, stir thoroughly.
- Place in two greased and floured cake pans or cupcake papers.
- Bake at 325 approximately 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool and frost with cream cheese icing.
- Top with chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
My rating 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Good Luck with your recipe! Visit often, to see what we are cooking up next!
Author, Food Writer, Recipe Developer, Foodie & Queen of Recipe Adaptation
* Submit a recipe for possible publication on my blog.
recipesubmission [at] therecipeweekly.com /in the Subject area write: Recipe Submission
© 2012 The Recipe Weekly – Virginia Wright. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
– See more at: http://virginiawright.com/blog/#sthash.JoCDOgpX.dpuf