Summary: This is a great cookie to make for the holidays. Quick, simple, and delightful! Goes great with coffee or hot cocoa. You can freeze cookies after they have cooked and rolled with powdered sugar. Take out several hours before guests arrive. Yields 40
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups all purpose unbleached white flour
- 4 tsp. pure vanilla
- 8 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts
- powdered sugar for rolling cookie in
- Cream butter, and other ingredients together. Roll dough into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Take out of oven and roll cookie in powdered sugar. Let cool. Roll a second time. Excellent Christmas cookie.
- These cookies puff up when baking, allow a little extra room on the baking sheet between cookies.